How to Apply for a Turkey e-Visa for US Citizens in 3 Easy Steps
In the past, if you wanted to go to Turkey, you had to apply at a Turkish Embassy in the area where you lived. You had to go there in person, submit your documents and wait up to 2 weeks for your visa which would be attached to your passport.
Nowadays, it’s much easier! You can apply for a Turkey e-Visa using Visa Web Services. The process is simple and easy to use, you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home! Plus, as long as you’re eligible, your e-Visa could be issued within 1 hour.
Source: Image by Torpong Tankamhaeng from Pixabay
Go to Visa Web Services website and follow the 3 easy steps to get your Turkey e-Visa:
Choose the country where your passport was issued and which country you which to travel to. In this case, you’re a passport holder of the United States and you wish to travel to Turkey:
Visa Web Services will confirm which type of e-Visa you can apply for. For example, if you are going to Turkey for tourist purposes, you may be eligible for a tourist e-Visa. You will also find out how much it costs and the processing time:
Scroll down a bit further and you will see more information about applying for a Turkey e-Visa, such as visa requirements, how to apply and important tips. Make sure you read this information before completing the application form:
At the bottom of the page, you will see that you may apply for your Turkey e-Visa in 2 ways:
- Apply with Visa Web Services – this option is if you wish Visa Web Services to apply for your e-Visa on your behalf
- Apply through the government – this option is if you wish to apply via the government website by yourself. If you wish to do this, please go to https://www.mfa.gov.tr/
The next step is to complete the simple application form. There are 3 parts to this:
- Provide basic details
- Pay the fee
- Review the application form
First, provide your basic details:
Next, select the service type. There are 3 options:
- Processing time – 24 hours, $25 per applicant
- Processing time – 6 hours, $35 per applicant
- Processing time – 1 hour, $50 per applicant
You will then see the total cost for your Turkey e-Visa. If you are happy to proceed with your application, click on “next.”
On the next page, you must pay the fee and you can do this by PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover:
You will have the option to review your application before submitting it.
Applying for your Turkey e-Visa through Visa Web Services really is that easy! All you need to do now is to wait for your e-Visa to be sent to you via email.
You will receive the electronic visa by email which you should print off and present to the Turkish authorities when you arrive in Turkey.
Visa validity and entry type for US citizens
US citizens are eligible for a multiple entry e-Visa which allows them to enter Turkey as many times as they wish during the dates of the visa. They are permitted to stay for a maximum of 90 days.
In accordance with the article 7.1b of “the Law on Foreigners and International Protection” no.6458, foreigners wishing to enter Turkey must carry:
- A passport or travel document with at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa
- A valid visa
Fees vary depending on your nationality and the cost for a Turkey e-Visa for US citizens is $50.00. There will be an additional service fee depending on the service type you choose (see above).
The application is easy to use and it only requires you to input your basic personal details such as your name and address, passport number and your arrival date in Turkey. US citizens are not subject to certain restrictions or conditions like some nationalities.
Once you have entered all the relevant information, you hit the submit button and Visa Web Services team will do the rest. It’s as easy as that!
- Covid Information – Given the Covid situation, travelers are required to submit a health declaration form along with an e-Visa to travel to Turkey
- Covid Entry Requirements – Vaccinated travelers from the US are not required to show a PCR test or have to quarantine on arrival in Turkey unless you have been in certain countries in the past 14 days. Non-vaccinated travelers are required to show either a negative PCR test or negative antigen test taken 48 hrs before arrival. Entry requirements for Turkey can change, so we strongly recommend that you follow the latest Turkey travel updates by visiting an embassy’s website or contacting the local Turkish embassy nearest to you
- Quarantine Rules – As long as you have been vaccinated against COVID at least 14 days before you arrive in Turkey, US citizens will not need to quarantine. You will need to provide proof that you have been vaccinated.
What is a Turkey e-Visa?
An e-Visa is an official document issued by the Republic of Turkey – Ministry of Foreign Affairs permitting entry into and travel within Turkey
What are the benefits of getting a Turkey e-Visa?
- You can get an e-Visa in just three easy steps online
- You don’t have to visit Turkish missions to get visas or wait in the long lines at the ports of entry
- An e-Visa saves you a lot of time and effort that you would spend otherwise on visa applications at Turkish missions or at the port of entry (if you are eligible)
How do I get a Turkey e-Visa?
- Apply directly on the government website on your own
- Use this link to Apply for a Turkey e-Visa. Our team will guide you and apply for an e-Visa on your behalf for a small service fee. This way you will save a lot of time and avoid frustration dealing directly with the embassies and understanding their complex requirements
It’s a simple 3 step process – apply online, make the payment and get your e-Visa directly to your inbox. All you have to do is download the e-Visa, print it out and take it along with you to show at the port of immigration entry
How long is a Turkey e-Visa valid for?
The Turkey e-Visa validity varies depending on your nationality. It’s valid for a maximum of 30 days or 90 days within a 180 day period. For example:
- Visa validity for nationalities of Afghanistan, China, India etc., is a maximum of 30 days within a 180 day period
- Visa validity for nationalities of Austria, United Arab Emirates, United States etc., is a maximum of 90 days within a 180 day period
How soon before my travel date should I apply for a Turkey e-Visa?
You can apply for an e-Visa any time prior to your travel. It is advisable to apply for an e-Visa at least 48 hours before your departure to avoid hassle and any last-minute surprises
I got my Turkey e-Visa. Do I need to travel to Turkey on the visa start date?
No. Every e-Visa has a validity period. You can travel to Turkey anytime within the validity period
Can I fly with any airline to Turkey?
For US citizens, there are no restrictions on who you fly with
The information provided on my e-Visa doesn’t match with what is on my passport. Can I still enter Turkey?
No. The information present on an e-Visa should match exactly with what is on the travel document. If the data doesn’t match then you have to re-apply for an e-Visa with the correct information
My visa application has been rejected. What should I do?
In the event your visa gets rejected, you may re-apply again or visit the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate for your visa application. Please use our Embassy Directory to locate an Embassy nearest to you
I’m visiting Turkey on a cruise ship. Do I need an e-Visa?
According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which came into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at seaports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for tourist purposes are exempt from having to have a visa provided their stay does not exceed seventy-two (72) hours. However, if you arrive in/depart from Turkey by air for your cruise tour, you must obtain a visa
If you are a US citizen and want an e-Visa for Turkey, all you need to do is:
- Use our visa requirements tool to get all the relevant e-Visa information
- Provide basic details and pay for your e-Visa
- Receive your e-Visa by email
So, what are you waiting for? If you need an e-Visa, talk to Visa Web Services today!
At Visa Web Services, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing visa requirements, world wide embassy information, via requirements map, free visa consultations for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We offer different visa services including obtaining tourist e-visa, business e-visa, medical e-visa, health declaration form and embassy registration. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.